background-paisley

Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Well

God meets us where we are in our time of need. I love to testify of when God sent a message to me at exactly the right time. My Sunday school class at church is amazed all the time at the way God sends the exact message we need to hear at different times. Oh how I love Sunday mornings when we come to share our stories from the previous week and how God met with us individually. We are often brought to tears by God’s goodness.

During a recent time of change, heartbreak, confusion, and need God showed me a song that fit perfectly. It’s not the big hit on the newly released CD even though the album is named after this song. I had never heard it before the time when I needed to hear it the most and I listen to worship music all the time. God met me during this time of need and again brought me to my knees before him in surrendering my situation completely at his feet.

I’ve teased you enough. I’ll get to it and share this song with you. it’s Casting Crowns, “The Well”. If you haven’t heard it yet go listen to it now. Here are the lyrics to this amazing song that urges us to leave every need, every want, every hurt, every worry, every longing at his feet.

Leave it all behind,
Leave it all behind,
Leave it all behind,
Leave it all behind,

I have what you need,
But you keep on searchin,
I've done all the work,
But you keep on workin,
When you're runnin on empty,
And you can't find the remedy,
Just come to the well.

You can spend your whole life,
Chasin what's missing,
But that empty inside,
It just ain't gonna listen.
When nothing can satisfy,
And the world leaves you high and dry,
Just come to the well

CHORUS:
And all who thirst will thirst no more,
And all who search will find what their souls long for,
The world will try, but it can never fill,
So leave it all behind, and come to the well
So bring me your heart
No matter how broken,
Just come as you are,
When your last prayer is spoken,
Just rest in my arms a while,
You'll feel the change my child,
When you come to the well

And now that you're full,
Of love beyond measure,
Your joy's gonna flow,
Like a stream in the desert,
Soon all the world will see that living water is found in me,
Cuz you came to the well

And all who thirst will thirst no more,
And all who search will find what their souls long for,
The world will try, but it can never fill,
So leave it all behind, and come to the well

Song writers: Matthew West and Mark Hall

Lord, You are so good to meet us exactly where we are. So many times in my life I seach, work, thirst, and try to fill my life and heart with the things of this world. When I have bumps along the road I often seek advice from everyone around me before I seek You. Thank you for reminding me that all I have to do is come to The Well to meet You. You don’t promise me a miracle immediately, but You do promise me that You will never leave me or forsake me (Hebrews 13:5). You promised me that your plans for me are to prosper and not to harm me. (Jer. 29:11) You promise me that when I drink of the Living Water I will not thirst again. (John 4:13-14) You promise me that Your grace is sufficient for all my past and future sins and that each time I repent Your angels are rejoicing in heaven. (Luke 15:7) Thank you Lord for your constant presence, love, and guidance in good times and bad. Help me to rely on You more moment by moment.

So what is God urging you to leave at The Well? Past regret? A weary heart? A broken heart? Loneliness? Rejection? Pursuit of Perfection? Temporary pleasure? Busy-ness? Guilt that weighs you down? Unforgiveness?

Leave it all behind. He is ready and waiting to take your burdens. Leave it all behind and live in the freedom that comes only through Christ Jesus our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment