background-paisley

Monday, May 7, 2012

My Top Ten


I love technology! I teach technology to teenagers and I love it. I don’t believe all uses of technology are helpful, but I do believe that technology can be used in ways to further the Kingdom of God. I believe that the internet has opened the door for the Church to spread the Word of God outside of Sunday and Wednesday. With that being said. I want to highlight my top 10 favorite places I go for inspiration.

Lately I just need to be filled. Every second of peace or just every second of downtime I'm hopefully looking to be filled with God's word or his guidance. I don’t want to let satan have one ounce of my time. This is not always an easy task. So many people want to spend time in the word but have no idea where to start. I pray that God will use one of these resources to bring you closer to Him.

1. The Bible: God’s holy and perfect word

No one or nothing can replace God’s Truth and its place in the life of a believer. None of these things I talk about below are more important than the Bible, the words God inspired and God hand picked and selected for us. Nothing can be added or subtracted from God’s truth and I believe and that God sends his truth to us through his word when we seek it. Nothing is more important in our walk than knowing and hiding his word in our heart so that we might not sin against God. Thank you Jesus that we have access to Your word!

2. In Touch Magazine

In the morning I have my cup of jo with Jesus and Charles Stanley of course. Charles Stanley has a free publication called “Intouch” magazine that I have subscribed to for years. It is full of great articles and also has a short devotional for each day of the month. I recently started using the Intouch free app when my magazine was misplaced last month. And by misplaced I mean either thrown away but my clutter free husband or hidden like a treasure by my sneaky three year old daughter.

3. “Jesus Calling” by Sarah Young

My Sunday school class at home started using this book together about 2 months ago. We were at a crossroad with bible studies so we prayed about it and felt that God wanted to use this book for a while. It’s been amazing how God has used this to pinpoint our walk with him individually and as a group. This book also has its own app that you can get right here.


4. Twitter

I’ll admit I didn’t originally start using twitter for the purpose of inspiration. I’m a Bachelor/Bachelorette junkie and I started a twitter to follow some of my favorites from the show. Now however I use twitter and am able to daily get inspiration from some amazing people.
Here are some of my favorites that I follow just to name a few: Beth Moore, Charles Stanley, Joyce Meyer, Pricila Shirer, Karen Kingsbury, Kay Arthur, Matt Chandler, Chris Tomlin, Travis Cottrell, John Piper, Francesca Battistelli and my own pastor at my church Ned Nugent and wife Lisa . I can get encouragement from the body of Christ at the tips of my fingers all throughout the day! If you don't have a twitter you should get one so you can be encouraged too. If you do have a twitter then follow me @katieericson1. I don't always have anything original to say, but I can re-tweet with the best of them and share with you what has encouraged me.

5. Girlfriends of God

This website I have recently found and it’s now one of my favorites.This website it awesome and has a daily devotional that God is using in amazing ways. They also have an app that has 52 weeks of daily devotionals and other cool features for only $1.99.

6. Beth Moore’s Blog

If you haven’t noticed I love blogs! I went to see Beth Moore at a Living Proof Live Event this last September and it was awesome. After that event I started following Beth Moore on her blog.
I love it because you get glimpses into her everyday life and also get to hear what God puts on her heart to share with others. She is one amazing woman and I love her bible studies as well. I can’t wait to start another, but until then I can still be ministered to through her blog. My Sunday school class has done “Breaking Free” and “Jesus the One and Only” and God used both of those in mighty mighty ways in our lives. I highly recommend both of those to anyone who is looking for a bible study to do with a small group or individually.

7. “Breaking Free” day by day from Beth Moore.

Beth Moore hits my top ten list again. I have the audio app of her book Breaking Free day by day and I listen to it in the morning while I’m getting dressed. It is a daily reminder of my freedom that is found only in Christ and it constantly urges me to drop the baggage, guilty, sin, and anything else that is robbing me of that freedom.

8. No Compromise Ministries

My former pastor, Matt Edwards, who has such an amazing bold walk with God has a blog and ministry called No Compromise Ministries. He often blogs in the middle of the night or in the wee hours of the morning whenever God has a word for him. I love being able to be ministered to by him even though he isn't my current pastor. God used him in mighty ways in Seminole and then called Matt to plant a new church in his former town of Paradise, Texas. Matt and his wife boldly took a step of faith to be obedient to God. They are true examples of disciples of Christ and I’m so thankful that God brought them into my life.

9. Karen Kingsbury

I love to read. I’m usually always in the middle of reading a book. Not too long ago God convicted me of filling my mind with too much secular reading. That’s when I started reading Karen Kingsbury books. I didn’t have to sacrifice the enjoyment of reading rather God showed me good wholesome books that are just as entertaining and more fulfilling. She is now one of my favorite authors and I now pre-order her new releases on my kindle, because I just can’t get enough of her stories. If you are looking for a new series to start I highly recommend the “Redemption Series”. Just a warning, you will be hooked and the chores around your house my fall to the wayside while in the middle of her books.

10. Music

Music just hits me square in the forehead a lot of the time. My XM radio is always on The Message channel and the 3 minutes I have alone in the car on the long commute to work each morning are used to get some sort of a word through music. Travis Cottrell who works a lot of time with Beth Moore is one of my favorite worship leaders. If you haven’t worship with Travis Cottrell you are missing out. Here are some of my favorite song title. “The Word of God Has Spoken” “I’m Changed” “Just As I Am” and his version of good ‘ole “Victory In Jesus”

So where do you get your daily dose of Jesus? I’m addicted to stuff like this and am always looking for more. I pray you fall in love with one or more of these great resources and that you grow deeper and stronger in your relationship with Christ.

2 comments: